Rachael Burns, CFP®, CDFA®, CPWA®
Founder & Financial Planner
Hey there! I’m Rachael. I’m a Certified Financial Planner® practitioner and founder of True Worth Financial Planning.
Before founding True Worth, I spent 12 years working for ‘traditional’ wealth management firms. I’ve worked with hundreds of high net worth families, and I’ve learned the lessons, habits, and values that led them to the wealth they enjoy today.
I was excited to share these valuable insights with my peers: millennial women in the earlier stages of their financial journey. However, the big wealth management firms set multi-six figure account minimums that excluded anyone who hadn’t already achieved financial success. It seemed a little backwards that clients who needed advice the most didn’t qualify for it!
It was time for a change. In 2020, in the midst of a global pandemic, I launched True Worth Financial Planning. My mission was simple: to help millennial women simplify their financial lives.
My Core Values
- Approachable– I speak in plain English, avoid technical jargon and won’t bore you with charts and spreadsheets.
- Empathy– I offer a safe place to talk about money with no judgement or shaming, and help manage the impact emotions have on your finances.
- Empowerment– You have all the tools you need to be successful. I’m here to teach you how to use them.
- Integrity– As a fee-only planner, I do not receive commissions or other incentives to recommend any particular products or solutions.
- Transparency– Fees are explicitly stated on the Menu of Services.
- Accessibility– There are no minimums to work with me. I can meet virtually with you wherever you are.
I have 2 Masters degrees: an MBA with a concentration in Finance, and a Masters in Personal Financial Planning, in addition to a Bachelor’s in Business Administration.
In order to provide more comprehensive planning advice to clients, I’ve attained the Certified Financial Planner®, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® designations.
I volunteer with Family Reach, providing pro bono financial planning to families affected by cancer. I’m also a proud member of the following professional organizations:
On a personal note, I live in the beautiful lakeside community of Folsom, where my husband and I are raising our twin toddler boys. When I’m not serving my clients, you can find me in the kitchen trying new Pinterest recipes, planning my next wine tasting trip, or relaxing at home with my boys.
Subscribe now to the True Worth newsletter!
Want the latest money tips, blog posts, and other exclusive content sent right to your inbox?