You are independent and ambitious, navigating major life decisions on your own.
Your plate is full, between family, career, and the causes you are passionate about. You make a comfortable income and even have some savings built up, yet you feel unprepared for your future. You’re not confident that you’re making the right financial moves.
You haven’t had the time or energy needed to sit down and tackle your finances. And you feel guilty about it.
You wish you had someone who could take those financial ‘chores’ off your plate. An expert who can break it all down for you without overwhelming you, talking down to you, or boring you to death. A financial partner who will advocate for you, guide you through important decisions, and empower you to take control of your finances.
- A big picture view of your finances so you know exactly where you stand.
- A simple action plan to get you on track towards your goals.
- Advice on all aspects of your finances, not just investments.
- Help with defining & prioritizing competing goals. (Pay off debt or save for a house?)
The problem is, you don’t know where to turn for help. You don’t meet the six-figure account minimums to work with your parents’ advisor. You don’t feel comfortable trusting your financial future to a stranger in a call center.
About True Worth
True Worth Financial Planning was founded with 3 simple goals:
- To help Millennial women simplify their financial lives and get them on track to achieve their goals and dreams.
- To help them build a healthy relationship with their money that makes them feel confident and empowered.
- To give them ongoing access to the expert financial advice they need and deserve.
My Core Values
- Approachable– I strive to create a comfortable, supportive setting where you feel like you’re talking to a wise big sister. I use plain English, avoid technical jargon and use boring charts and graphs sparingly.
- Empathy– I provide a safe place to talk about money with no judgement or shaming. Finances can be emotional, particularly if your money is tied to a traumatic event like death or divorce. I’ll help you manage the impact these emotions have on your financial decisions.
- Empowerment– You are in the driver’s seat. I am by your side to offer guidance and encouragement, but all decisions are ultimately yours.
- Integrity– As a fiduciary, I am legally required to put your best interests above my own at all times. I give unbiased advice, and do not receive commissions or other incentives to recommend particular products or solutions.
- Transparency– Fees and included services are explicitly stated on the Menu of Services. Any fee adjustments for complexity will be discussed before you sign up.
- Accessibility– There are no minimums to work with me. I can meet virtually with you anywhere with an internet connection. I offer evening and weekend appointments to fit your busy schedule.
- Security– Any information you share with me is kept strictly confidential. I maintain policies and procedures to keep your personal data safe.
I am the proud mama of twin toddler boys and wife of a brain cancer warrior. We live in the beautiful lakeside community of Folsom in Northern California, conveniently between Lake Tahoe and Napa Valley (two of my favorite places). I delight in trying out new Pinterest recipes, exploring local wine country, and relaxing at home with my family.
I am committed to continuing my education. I have 2 masters degrees: an MBA in Finance and a Masters in Personal Financial Planning, in addition to Bachelors in Business Administration. I have also earned the Certified Financial Planner®, Certified Divorce Financial Analyst®, and Certified Private Wealth Advisor® designations. I am a member of the Financial Planning Association, XY Planning Network, National Association of Personal Financial Advisors, and Fee Only Network.
I am passionate about making financial advice accessible to those who have been underserved by my industry. I volunteer my time with Family Reach, providing pro bono financial planning to families affected by cancer. I also donate my time mentoring and coaching financial planning students at my alma mater, Sacramento State.
Sign up now for the True Worth newsletter!
Don’t miss out on the latest updates, blog posts, and tips & tricks.