You’ve finished the Comprehensive or Jump Start plan, but you still want ongoing access to expert advice that adapts to your ever-evolving life. You want a financial partner who will help you navigate important financial decisions, check your progress throughout the year and make updates when life changes happen along the way. You set the agenda, and the topics are completely customized to whatever is most important to you.
View a sample service calendar here.
Here are some topics we might cover:
- Review – We’ll reassess your financial picture, celebrate your wins and make any tweaks as necessary.
- Tax strategy session* – After tax season is over, we’ll consider how your tax situation might impact retirement contributions, investment changes, and major expenses in the upcoming year.
- Benefits review at open enrollment – We’ll optimize your insurance coverage, retirement savings, and tax advantaged accounts for healthcare or childcare, to make sure you’re making the most of your employee benefits.
- Life transition meetings – As major life events happen (career change, marriage, kids, divorce, etc.), we’ll reassess your plan and make tweaks to get you back on track towards your goals.
- Unlimited phone & email support – Think of me as your first point of contact for all things financial. I will be on call to help you with any financial questions or concerns, big or small, that come up along the way.
- Financial advocate calls – If you need help contacting a third party for information or transactions, I will conference call them with you. Whether it’s your tax preparer, student loan lender, or human resources at work, sometimes you don’t know the right questions to ask or have the right terminology to get your point across. I will translate the financial jargon and serve as your advocate.
Fee- $250 per month (starts after the 6 month Glow Up Financial Plan has ended).
*Please note that I am not an attorney or accountant. I can connect you with other professionals and work closely with them to implement strategies and solutions based on your personalized financial plan.
This service may be a good fit if:
- You like to have ongoing support and advice, even after your comprehensive plan is complete.
- Your finances are changing rapidly, and you need your financial plan updated on an ongoing basis to keep up.
- You want to meet regularly with an advisor so that you can address potential problems while they’re still small and easy to correct.
This service may not be a good fit if:
- Once your comprehensive plan is complete, you are comfortable managing your finances on your own.
- Your finances are unlikely to change in the future and you don’t need ongoing advice or updates to your plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why the monthly subscription model?
A monthly subscription is a simple, straightforward way to pay for financial advice. It encourages consistent communication and accountability, and reflects the value of an ongoing financial relationship.
Financial planning is a dynamic process, not a one-time event. Millennials experience major life events regularly- marriage, kids, career changes, etc., which can quickly throw off your plan. That’s why it is important to have a financial plan that adapts to your ever-evolving life.
Also, when you’re meeting regularly with an advisor, potential problems can be addressed while they’re still small and easy to correct. It’ll be much harder to address once it grows into a full blown crisis.
How long am I committed?
You can cancel the monthly planning subscription anytime. A prorated fee will be returned to you if you decide to stop in the middle of the billing cycle.
What if I don’t need help every month, but I want to check in occasionally?
I offer hourly financial planning at $250/hour. If you just want an annual review or an occasional check in, this may be the best option for you. View more info here.
Can I start the monthly planning subscription a while after I finish my plan?
Yes, you can start up the monthly planning subscription anytime. However, if your financials have changed substantially and your plan needs to be redone, then we will need to do a new comprehensive plan before we can start the monthly planning subscription.
Can I start the monthly planning subscription if I haven’t done a plan first?
The monthly subscription is intended to be a follow up to the Comprehensive plan or the Jump Start plan. You would need to complete one of those before starting the monthly subscription.
I have another question that wasn’t answered here.
You can shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to help!
Schedule a Free Introductory Call Now!
Let’s get to know each other and see if I can help you along your financial journey.